Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Big Day

Today was our first visit to the OB/GYN. Dr. Dunn was a very friendly guy and his nurse was very kind to Emily. Overall, the experience was unique, by which of course I mean gross. Emily was subjected to a battery of tests, many of which I wouldn't perform for $1m. Nevertheless, I'm glad everything is going well and I'm excited about becoming a father.

I have been asked to write a referee report for an article that an economist has submitted to a journal for publication. This basically means that I (along with other economists) have to evaluate the work and decide whether it should be published. The editor of the journal is my advisor, so it's not like I've reached any level of notoriety within my field, but it will still look good on my CV and it's further proof that I've selected an advisor who has high expectations, e.g.; the right one for me.

In other news, we got a really nifty new mobile phone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funnier than Dave Barry. You should be published! You are a very talented man. I love it!

Chris Wignall said...

You only think it's funny because you're my mom. You also always used to say that I was the handsomest kid in school.

Anonymous said...

You were the most handsome kid in school. Ask Emily!
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Oh wait, you still are the most handsome kid in school! Ask Emily!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

chris you will be the most handsome kid in school until i meet my husband then he will take over that position.
p.s. you are hilarious
-your favorite sister in law ASHLEY

Anonymous said...

What up Big Daddy?
congrats on the cutest baby ever born (that is besides me of course, but she comes pretty dang close)

Love,
the greatest sister in law ever Lauren

Blog Archive

About The W's