Sunday, May 11, 2008

1st Haircut

So up until last Wednesday Amelia thought that when you "got" a haircut, you actually received something...like when you go to the store and buy food or clothes or candy.

I scheduled her an appointment to get her first haircut, Chris and I prepped her all week...telling her how much fun it was, and how much fun Nancy was (the hairstylist), and how Nancy was going to make her look so pretty. And, she bought the entire story.

UNTIL...we got to the salon on Wednesday morning. She wanted nothing to do with Nancy or the seat or the cape. After 20 minutes of crying on my lap, she was finally calm enough to sit backwards on my lap and have her haircut. UNTIL...she saw her little blonde girls on the floor.

"What are those mommy? Oh, no! That's my hair, mommy. That's my hair." More crying.

Luckily, Nancy is awesome, and she completed the haircut in about 8 minutes flat. And, by the time we left Amelia was happy and loving life...probably because I had promised that she could go to the store and buy some candy.

We think her new haircut is just delightful...and so does she.

6 comments:

Ashley and Bryan said...

She is SO adorable!

Anonymous said...

I thing it's more than delightful. I agree with Ashley, ADORABLE!!!

Thirstin' for Thurstons said...

She would look good with a mullet, you should give it a try!

Linn said...

That is one cute haircut--and one cute girl!

Unknown said...

she's so cute! And yes, Chris, this is me commenting...

Anonymous said...

I love how curly her hair is
Love tori

Blog Archive

About The W's