Sunday, August 31, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

This morning Amelia and Miles woke me up at 5:30 a.m. I'd had a long night since Miles woke up at 1:30 and 4:30 to eat, and Amelia woke up crying at 3:00. So, as I was stumbling around trying to convince (unsuccessfully) Amelia that it was still nighttime and she should go back to sleep, we had a conversation I won't soon forget.

Mommy: "Amelia and Miles...you guys make me sooooo tired."
Amelia (without skipping a beat): "Mommy you make me sooooo happy."

I'm grateful for my two little "attitude adjustments." They make me immensely happy.

Note: Amelia did her own makeup for this photo shoot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Emily, I'm so glad you're wise enough to appreciate the magic of being a mother. Never, ever forget, because if you do, it will be too late and they'll be all grown up!

kim said...

LOL!!! That is too cute--how do they know how to do that?

Jessica said...

Don't we all need a little reminder why we're doing what we're doing once in awhile?

Erickson's said...

DARLING!
love ya'll
amy

Blog Archive

About The W's