Friday, November 09, 2007

Halloween

On Halloween afternoon Amelia and decided to decorate pumpkins. I didn't have the energy to dig the seeds out and carve a pumpkin, so Amelia and I opted for a cleaner route - markers & stickers.

After a little bit of marker taste-testing, Amelia decided to "stick" with the stickers. I spent the next hour handing Amelia stickers, talking about each one and helping her decide where to put them on her pumpkin.

I loved helping her learn to be creative, and Amelia loved the results. Amelia LOVES her pumpkin. She carries it around the house, rearranges the stickers and talks about "my punin" all day long.

At the end of the evening, after negotiating with candy, we convinced Amelia that the bear costume(our second borrowed costume this year) wasn't scary, or at least less scary than the fish she refused to wear.


She ended up loving the costume, and loved going trick-or-treating with her friends and their dads. Here's a cute picture from the end of the evening from my friend Jane, the ballerina's mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, my son is so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Amelia is so cute. I love you. love Tori

Blog Archive

About The W's