Sunday, August 20, 2006

Before I Die

So, a lot of people write lists of things they would like to do before they die...like visit the Eiffel Tower, go on a safari to Africa, skydive...mostly adventurous, courageous, ambitious tasks. Most of these lists contain anywhere from 50-100 such dreams.

I compiled my list today- it could hardly be called a list as it only has 1 line item: buy a house in San Diego.

Yesterday, Chris and I went to the zoo in the afternoon for a few hours with Amelia, and then we drove around Point Loma looking at the quaint, though pricey, cottages.

That's my dream...to buy a cottage here in San Diego for my family - something small, with pretty flowers, a good view of the Pacific, a red front door and a hammock in the back for Chris. I've heard it said that the first step to accomplishing any goal is to write it down...so there you go. My goal is written down. Visit the blog in 30 years to read about my cute cottage.

Moving into reality... the summer is really flying by. Everything I was looking forward to this summer has already happened. Chris starts TAing again this week, work is picking up as our season gets busy and the weather is cooling off again - to 70 instead of 75.

Amelia is starting to sit up on her own. She is eating more and more food- and has even surprised us by waking up in the middle of the night again - not a pleasant surprise. Mia is such a happy human being. She loves being outside, listening to music (especially her daddy playing the guitar), eating applesauce (she says "mmmmmm" after every bite), and taking baths. I think her expressions of contentment are the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.

My life is so wonderful right now - it is great to wake up each day with my husband and my baby. It doesn't get better than this - well, unless I was waking up in that cottage. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About The W's