Saturday, August 19, 2006

Grad School


I had a great week at school. In 2003.

I'm kidding. Last week everything just seemed to go well. For the first time in a long time I was genuinely excited about my work and my prospects. Just a few weeks ago, I was still seriously considering dropping out of school. Grad school really is a roller coaster. I don't know how I'd do it without my family.

I even went to school today, the first time in a long time that I seriously worked on a Saturday. Granted, I spent most of my time planning and trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to use Microsoft Project to organize myself. I was only on campus for about 4 hours and then Emily and I took Amelia to the zoo. She, of course, had no idea what was going on. She does enjoy being outside, however, and she likes being carried in the Baby Bjorn front carrier. Afterward, we went to dinner at Chipotle (good burritos!) and then drove around Point Loma looking at houses.

We really love living in San Diego. We would love to live here forever and visiting Point Loma today only reinforced that sentiment. Fortunately, last night we spent time looking at houses all over the country and we found that there are lots of places we would like to live. I'm still excited to graduate and see where we end up.

(The above picture is a beatiful beach house in Nags Head, North Carolina that is about the same price as the two bedroom condos across the street from us in La Jolla.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About The W's