Monday, March 17, 2008

Amelia Turns 2



Our darling girl turned 2 last week. I've been meaning to blog about the eventful day ever since Thursday, but this 2-year-old keeps me busy and now I finally have the chance.

Chris and I were both so excited about Amelia' s birthday. Amelia was also extremely excited. We went to several birthday parties recently, so she knew what to expect - candy, cake, balloons and presents. We didn't disappoint.

When she woke up in the morning, and before she had gotten out of bed I heard her calling for me, and then she stopped and said, "It's my birday." SO CUTE!

Chris and I sang to her in her bed, and then took her out to the living room to see her presents. It was like Christmas. We got her a little train, which she loved. And, her Grandma Stephanie sent her a darling kitchen. When she saw the kitchen she said, "oh! for me?" I responded positively. Then she said, "Oh, for my birday."


Then, we showed her the balloons and streamers hanging over our dining room table, and she ketp saying, "oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" (She picked up that little phrase from the movie Annie).

She played with her presents all morning while I made a big breakfast. We went to the puppet theater to see Peter Rabbit and then to the park. I had to teach piano in the afternoon, but we had a fun evening of more present opening (a church bag and crayon caddy), spaghetti & meatballs, and cupcakes. I think she loved her day.

Here she is opening her present:
Here she is enjoying her cupcake...she pretty much eats everything this way:

3 comments:

Ashley and Bryan said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe I forgot her Birthday! Bryan and I also forgot his mom's Birthday which was last week also! We are so bad. I will have to call her and wish her a happy late birthday!

Valerie said...

Happy, happy birday, Mia dear!
Happy days will come to you all year
If we had a wish, then it would be,
a happy, happy birday to you from
Graton, Audrey, Alyssa and Me!!

Anonymous said...

All the pictures are darling! She looks like she had a very happy birthday!

Blog Archive

About The W's