Sunday, January 18, 2009

mugshot


My sister just sent over this photos of amelia. Looks like a mugshot.

While I'm blogging...since it doesn't happen that often anymore, i thought i should write down some funny things amelia has said recently.

The other day Amelia was getting dressed, and she put on her white shirt...see the photo above...and then she said, "Mom, I fink I am going to wear this shirt when I get married." And I asked her why she had picked this particular shirt, and she responded, "Because, it's cute."

Amelia is quite concerned with getting married. We talk about it A LOT. She often says, "I don't know who is going to marry me." Or, "Do you know who is going to marry me?" A few weeks ago she said, "I fink my Dada is going to marry me."

I'm really not sure why she is so worried about this already...well, I guess when your Dad is so awesome, and he's already taken, it could be a little worrisome....

A few weeks ago a neighbor brought us a giant piece of Costco cake, the kind with about 2 inches of frosting on top. Chris and I ate the cake and threw the plate of frosting away. The next morning I was doing the dishes and I turned around and saw Amelia's face covered in frosting. She said, "I eating cake out of the trash."

Speaking of trash. I don't like to see trash on the ground and until I had a 2-year-old I would also pick up trash off the ground. However, since Amelia can pick stuff up off the ground and will eat whatever she picks up if it at all looks edible, our new rule is no picking stuff up off the ground. The other day we were all headed out to the car and Chris (being disobedient) stopped and picked up a piece of trash on the sidewalk. Amelia promptly scolded, "You put that down RIGHT NOW! We do not pick up trash."

The other day I asked Amelia to stop doing what she was doing so she wouldn't break something. And she said, "What? Are you breaking my heart?"

We have a new Wignall family rule...#3...No Singing Christmas Songs Until December. Every single family member has broken this rule multiple times today. We owe it to Amelia who dearly loves all Christmas music and it constantly singing it loudly and getting it suck in our heads.


Oh, and Miles is cuter than ever. He is sitting. Still no crawling or rolling over...though he really likes to stand and hold on to stuff. He loves rolling balls back and forth and playing with his big plastic dump truck. He loves to swing at the park and is curious about everything. Miles is always checking something out...and always doing it so very, very quietly. He is always very silent (usually sucking on his thumb) when he is observing...so different from Amelia would babbled constantly...and continues to do so. Miles does say dadadada, mamamamama, and bababababa often though. Its cute to hear his little voice.

Miles uses his thumb for a lot of reasons:
1. To soothe himself when he is crying.
2. To put himself to sleep.
3. To soothe himself when he is hurt.
4. To show his mom that he is ready for a nap.
5. To communicate he is uncomfortable with a situation.
6. To show his Mom he is hungry.
7. To show his Mom that he dislikes the food she is feeding him.
8. To show his Mom he is done eating food.
9. Because he just plain likes it.
10. Because he knows he looks so cute sucking his thumb that his Mom will kiss him, and he really likes my kisses. I just know it...because he sucks on his thumb a lot.

3 comments:

Ashley and Bryan said...

Amelia is hilarious! I think she should wear that shirt to her wedding also!

Unknown said...

Amelia sounds a lot like me...marriage talk, always singing annoying songs! I hope I can see you guys, soon!

Anonymous said...

They are both so beautiful! I'm not sure if I ever told you that Chris crawled late. The experts used to say if a baby didn't crawl, then they wouldn't be a good reader! I know Chris pretty well and I think they were mistaken!

Blog Archive

About The W's